Transforming Local Infrastructure launches today. This is a £30 million funding programme which is being delivered by Big Fund on behalf of the Office for Civil Society.
This funding is to support a transformation to a new way of working for civil society infrastructure support services at local authority level, for activities such as:
- mergers, hard collaboration, and rethinking business models
- better integration with other local services, so charities and other groups have a clearer route to support
- sharing premises and back office services
- better use of technology, especially online
- investing in their leaders
- securing and brokering expert support, including pro bono from local businesses
- training staff to provide new types of service.
As this programme is about rationalising and transforming services, only one application per upper tier local authority area will be allowed. This means that it is crucial that infrastructure organisations work together to develop a proposal. Funding of up to £400,000 per upper tier local authority area (£600,000 in the 7 local authorities with a population of 1m+) will be available, over a maximum of eighteen months.
The first stage is for organisations which are interested in the programme to sign up online, which has to be done by the 5th August.
To sign up, or to find out more, go to www.bigfund.org.uk/tli
West Midlands Regional Team
(T) 0121 345 7905
(A) Apex House, 3 Embassy Drive, Edgbaston, Birmingham B5 1TR