This weekend is the EDWARDIAN OPEN HOUSE & GARDEN DAY Sat 16 June,11am-5pm, at Cannon Hill House, the Grade 2 Listed Home of Louisa Ryland who gifted Cannon Hill and Small Heath Parks, plus B'ham Art School, and Birmingham Childrens Hospital celebrating their150th Birthday this year.
Free Cannon Hill Open House & Garden Day,
* Meet local history detectives in Edwardian dress, with display from local family households and businesses
* Birmingham Parliamentary Archives project with schools have a display on the research into Birmingham's Suffragettes.
* Enjoy a guided tour of the Victorian house from top floor restoration to downstairs cellar rooms by the Nat Institute of Conductive Education who now use and care for it..
* Listen to the Bournville Brass Quartet and Border Brethren Morris Dance entertainment,
* find out about the life and times of Victorian benefactor and investor, Louisa Ann Ryland,
also Sir John Holder, who gifted the park at Moor Green and Playing Fields and who founded The Blues City football club, after selling his breweries to Mitchell anf Butler.
* guides to black history in the West Midlands,
* Teas and Edwardian Refreshments Marquee, * Plants, * Games * period Bric-a-Brac
and it's Free Entry - between 11am - 5pm this Saturday, 16 June.
Entrance off Russell Road, to Cannon Hill - car parking and disability access.