Fixed-term contract for 12 months
Salary - £18,250 p/a
Age UK Walsall is the new name for Age Concern Walsall. The charity aims to improve the quality of life for older people.
We are looking for someone to join our busy advocacy department, working across the following areas:
- Older people in the community (50+)
- People in Residential Care and Nursing Homes
- People with mental health issues and physical disabilities (18+)
- People with mild to moderate Learning Disabilities (18+)
It is essential that the right candidate has a working knowledge and understanding of advocacy – which can be clearly identified and demonstrated throughout the recruitment process.
The post requires: -
- A comprehensive understanding of advocacy
- An ability to pursue problems and individual concerns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in completing benefit applications
- A basic understanding of the complex issues that can affect older people
- A flexible working approach
For the right candidate, this post is a challenging but rewarding position.
To find out more about this interesting role, please telephone 01922 638825 and ask for either Lisa Burton or Davina Lytton for an informal chat.
For an application pack: T: 01922 638825, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or download from our website: www.ageukwalsall.org.uk
Age UK Walsall is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity.
Closing date for all applications is mid-day on 15th October 2012
Interviews will be held on 26th October 2012